The LCMS National Housing Support Corporation (Lutheran Housing Support) invites its supporters, community stakeholders, and College Hill residents to a special ribbon cutting celebration for the completion of the first Nazareth Home. The ceremony will be held at 10 a.m. Tours will of the model home will be held immediately following the ribbon cutting and will continue through noon.
The ribbon cutting event will celebrate the construction of the first of twenty new affordable homes in the College Hill community. Lutheran Housing Support has been an active partner with the residents of College Hill since 2006, and the Nazareth Homes development is the culmination of more than $1.2 million in community investment and tens of thousands of hours of volunteer and staff commitment to this project.
Speakers at the ribbon-cutting ceremony will include:
- Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, President, The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod
- Honorable Francis G. Slay, Mayor, City of St. Louis
- Honorable Dionne Flowers, Alderwoman, Ward 2, City of St. Louis
- Honorable Darlene Green, Comptroller, City of St. Louis
- Honorable Lewis Reed, President, Board of Aldermen, City of St. Louis
- Nicole Ridley, Chief Executive Officer, LCMS National Housing Support Corporation
The LCMS National Housing Support Corporation is leading a communitywide effort to restore North St. Louis’ historic College Hill neighborhood, including installing community gardens, renovating aging homes and building new ones. The ribbon-cutting ceremony celebrates finished construction of the model home in the first phase of the neighborhood’s planned 20-home Nazareth Homes development. Lutheran Housing Support Corp. has been working in College Hill since 2007. Funding thus far for the project has been provided by the Wells Fargo Housing Foundation, Women on Mission, the Missouri Housing Development Commission, and individual contributions.
More information to come…