Special Affordable Housing Assistance Program (AHAP) Tax Credits available for eligible donors
2017 donations eligible!
LCMS National Housing Support Corporation (NHSC) received word of an allocation of AHAP Tax Credits in support of our College Hill Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative. These AHAP Tax Credits provide a fabulous opportunity to certain eligible donors, reducing the after-tax cost of a donations to 25% of the donation.
Provide for ministry while reducing the amount of taxes you pay to the State of Missouri.
For certain eligible donors, gifts made to NHSC may qualify for a state tax credit that will dramatically reduce the after-tax cost of their donation.
Income from Sole proprietorship or LLC?
Own a small business?
Declare income from rental property?
Your donation will help Lutheran Housing Support’s efforts to expand affordable housing efforts in the Metro St. Louis area.
Follow the link, download and return the form. A representative from Lutheran Housing Support will contact you with details about the AHAP State Tax Credit program and to verify your eligibility.
Better yet, in order to meet the December 31 deadline for making 2017 eligible donations, call Rev. John Albers, NHSC Director of Resource Development, (314-996-1317) or send him an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW AHAP TAX CREDIT WORKS:
- Direct donations to LCMS National Housing Support (NHSC)
- NHSC certifies the donation as eligible for the AHAP Tax Credit
- Donor receives certification in order to claim a 55% Tax Credit, which is in addition to any charitable deduction.
- Donations could be made in the form of cash or securities (e.g. stock or mutual funds)
- Eligible donors limited to individuals and entities subject to subject to Missouri tax from business activities performed in the state of Missouri.