There are a significant number of additional training resources for community development and fundraising that can be accessed online. Below is a non-exhaustive compilation of some of these external resources.
Please note, the following links will take you away from the LCMS National Housing Support Corporation’s website. We are not affiliated with the content provided on these sites.
- Knowledge Plex Portal
- Association for Enterprise Community
- Community Development Society
- HUD User
- Success Measures
- National Housing Institute
- USDA Rural Development
- CDFI Coalition
- Foundation Directory Online, an online (fee-based) directory of grants and grant-makers, operated by the Foundation Center. Access to the directory is free at any one of 300 library locations around the United States.
- National Center for Charitable Statistics, a free online database of information on nonprofits and giving trends. Their “Find a Nonprofit” tool can deliver much of the same information that the Foundation Directory provides for free. The site also includes access to nonprofit Form 990s.
- Guidestar, provides access to digital copies of 990 filings from all nonprofits in the United States.
- Grants.gov, is an online access point and registry for federal grant opportunities.
Information on how to approach funders:
- Grantspace, offers useful webinars and tutorials on how to prepare generic grant applications and proposals.
- Guidestar, in addition to providing free access to digital copies of recent 990 filings from foundations and other nonprofits, the site also provides tutorials on how to read a 990 and offers occasional studies on philanthropic trends.
- IU School of Philanthropy, offers access to recent research studies on philanthropic giving trends among both institutional funders and individual donors.
- Foundation Center, in addition to offering a fee-based service for identifying funders, the site also offers links to free resources on funder identification, proposal preparation, and project development.