Learn about some of the LCMS National Housing Support Corporation’s notable past grant programs and projects.
Spring Creek Nehemiah III Home-ownership
Through Lutheran Housing Support, The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod Atlantic District continued to provide key support and leadership in the pioneering Nehemiah Plan that transforms blighted areas into safe, affordable communities.
Lutheran Community Outreach Center, Ft. Wayne, Ind.
The Lutheran Community Outreach Center in Fort Wayne, Indiana opened on March 21, 2010. Much needed respite care housing is now available through Bethesda Lutheran Communities, Inc. to a much under-served population in the Fort Wayne area-the developmentally disabled.
- Respite Care for family members who care for people with disabilities
- Community Life Programs
- Employee Support
- Family Counseling
- Support Services for Veterans and their families
Throughout this project, NHSC partnered with its partners and distributed more than $340,000 in grants to develop the Lutheran Community Outreach Center. NHSC coordinated the lease on an abandoned building, managing construction needs, securing community service partners and providing funding for rent subsidy and respite care scholarships.
The LCMS National Housing Support Corporation provides support to more than 30 organization every year through its grants program and consulting services. A summary list of the organizations (and the LCMS district in they reside) that have been served only by our grant program is included below. This list does not include the many organizations that have received free consulting services from the corporation.
- Northern Illinois District (Northern Illinois District, Hillside, IL)
- Atlantic District (Atlantic District, Bronxville, NY)
- Bethesda Lutheran Homes and Services (National, Washington, D.C.)
- St. Paul Lutheran Church, (Missouri District, St. Louis, MO)
- Women on Mission – St. Louis (Missouri District, St. Louis, MO)
- Acts 1:8 Mission Society (Missouri District, St. Louis, MO)
- Humanitri (Missouri District, St. Louis, MO)
- Partners in Urban Ministry, (Missouri District, St. Louis, MO)
- Lutheran Social Services of NV, (California-Nevada-Hawaii District, Las Vegas, NV)
- St. Peter’s Zion Project, Inc. (Indiana District, Fort Wayne, IN)
- 1 by Youth and St. Paul Lutheran Church (Missouri District, St. Louis, MO)
- Emmanuel Lutheran Church (Indiana District, Fort Wayne, IN)
- Pathfinders Community Connection (Indiana District, Fort Wayne, IN)
- East Brooklyn Congregations (Atlantic District, Brooklyn, NY)
- SEMCORC/Charity Lutheran Church (Michigan District, Detroit, MI)
- Faith Lutheran Church (Michigan District, Grand Blanc, MI)
- Lutheran Social Services of the South (Texas District, Austin, TX)
- Bethesda Lutheran Communities (Indiana District, Fort Wayne, IN)
- Metro IAF/Westchester United (Atlantic District, Rego Park)
- Empowered Queens United in Action and Leadership (EQUAL) (Atlantic District, Rego Park, NY)
- Redeemer Lutheran Church (Iowa West District, Sioux City, IA)
- Christ Lutheran Church (Florida/Georgia District, East Point, GA)
- St. Paul Lutheran Church (Michigan District, Caro, MI)
- Pioneer Camp and Retreat Center (Eastern District, Angola, NY)
- Emmanuel Lutheran Church (Southeastern District, Asheville, NC)
- Trinity Lutheran Church (Southeastern District, Richmond, VA)
- Lutheran Social Services of Indiana (Indiana District, Fort Wayne, IN)
- Trinity Lutheran Church/Caring Ministries for the City (Missouri District, St. Louis, MO)
- Christ Assembly Lutheran Church/Community Capital Advisors (Eastern District, Philadelphia, PA)